Block Party/Street Use Permits

Street Closure/Block Party Permit

 The City of Watertown encourages neighbors to get to know each other adn will permit street closings for neighborhood block parties or speical events, subject to certain conditions as follows:

  • A Street Closure Application must be submitted to City Hall a minimum of 7 days prior to the event, identyfing the area, date, and time of the event.
  • Upon staff review of the request, conditions may be applied to the permit, i.e., modifications of the time or the area to be closed to traffic.
  • The street must remain accessible to emergency vehicles at all times. Any barricades must be easily moved.
  • A $50 deposit is collected at City Hall prior to the event for use of city barricades or other equipment. This deposit is refundable upon return of all city equipment in good condition.
  • The Street Closure applicant will be the responsible for picking up and dropping off city barricades or other equipment during regular business hours.

Use of City Streets/Alley Way/Parking Lot
Any individual or group who wish to use a city street, alley, etc. for any reason other than a neighborhood block party must submit their request in writing to the Office of the CIty Administrator via email or in person at City Hall. The closure of a city street maybe allowed for, but is not limited to, parades, races of any kind, events that require the closure of multiple streets, construction activities, etc.

Request Requirements
All requests must include the date(s) and time of the closure, the location(s) or a map of the closure, the nature of the reason for the closure, adn the contact information of the responsible party or individual. All requests of use of city streets will be approved by the City Council at the next available meeting.