Carver County Sheriff Jason Kamerud is pleased to announce Carver County Sheriff’s Office is again participating in the Medicine Take Back Initiative Program on Saturday, October 26.
On Saturday, October 26, Carver County residents will be able to take their medicines to any of the locations listed below. The event will be from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Carver County residents are invited to show up with their unwanted medications and drugs and place them in a collection box, no questions asked and at no cost. Boxes will be sealed, weighed and transported for destruction by Sheriff’s Office staff. Please note, Carver County Sheriff’s Office is NOT able to accept syringes, lancets, or Sharpes containers.
- Watertown City Hall: 309 Lewis Avenue South, Watertown, MN 55388
- New Germany City Hall: 300 Broadway Street East, New Germany, MN 55367
- Carver City Hall: 316
Broadway Street North, Carver, MN 55315
There are permanent collection boxes, during normal business hours, at:
- Carver County Sheriff’s Office: 606 East 4th Street Chaska, MN 55318
- Waconia City Hall: 201 SouthVine St., Waconia, MN 55387
- Chanhassen City Hall: 7700 Market Blvd, Chanhassen, MN 55317
This program is a partnership between the DEA, Carver County Public Health, Carver County Office of Aging, Carver County Attorney’s Office, Carver County Sheriff’s Office TRIAD, the City of Watertown, the City of New Germany, the City of Carver, and the Carver County Sheriff’s Office, all working together to keep our community safe. For more information, please go to www.co.carver.mn.us.